Post by Red Hairdo on Nov 11, 2007 14:31:11 GMT -5
I proceeded normally, I beated a bat-like boss, I went to the Goddess statue past the boss, got MP, explored more the place, found a chest with another (kinda) branch-looking item (but "bigger" than the other one).
Now I don't know where to go. Already went to all houses in the town (again). Also in the forest there's a place in its end which it seems you CAN go deeper, but there's some message which I suppose tells you that you can't proceed. I equiped the item, and nothing...
Where else can I go to? Anybody knows anything?
EDIT: Ok, found the answer. xD In the main field, go northeast a bit so that you see a "house". Its door will be open and you can proceed. Though maybe it also opened after I spoke with someone from the village (again)...
EDIT2: I don't want to triple post... xD Just everybody know, there's a way to get the item from the hidden areas WITHOUT crashing the game afterwards. (God's Diary needed.) Get the item and leave the hidden area you are. Then don't enter anywhere else or the game will crash. Now here's the trick: save the game where you are (possible with God's Diary). Though don't load your save or anything yet. Close the DOS-Box emulator (or whatever you are using). Then open it again and load your saved game. There you are.
Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 14:09:40 GMT -5 by Red Hairdo
If you Level Up enough, you kind of become immortal at certain points of the game. When I fought that Boss my LV was very high. You will see, 2 or 3 LVs will make all the difference.
By the way, glad to hear you are playing the game. Good for you.
So, now I just decided, I'll write right now what need to be done after that Dungeon.
Well, like you figured out, after crossing the house you shall go northeast and enter a cave. When you go through it, there will be a door, which you can unlock by simply touching it. xD Inside there's a dungeon (with a GREAT music btw ). After you beat the boss and leave the place you have to do the following (it's possible that I may forget something, but below is what I remember):
- I'm not sure how, but you need to get that necklace item here: I think you get it after you beat the boss from that last dungeon. (OR maybe after talking to someone from Rance Village?)
- After you got that, go again to the woods/ florest southeast from the main field. Remember that blonde girl who gave you the herb for Lilia's medicine? Well, equip that necklace and go talk to her.
- You will be in another town (elven village?). This place is "divided" in two parts by a river. In the first part, you will find 5 houses (if I remember well): an Equipment Shop, an Item Shop, a house from a blonde woman "hiding" behind the door, a house with a purple-haired girl and another with another blonde winking at you. In the Equipment shop, make sure you buy the last shield, which is better. The other things are already sold in the other town. In the Item shop you will find interesting stuff too, like "Mind Up". Now, go to each of the 3 other houses at least twice (or three times). Eventually, the purple-haired girl will take you to her house's "roof". Now you can cross the river.
- In this second area of the village, you may find 6 or so houses. Well, not sure if you have any business there, but it would do no harm to visit each house twice. Though I should mention that it would be good to visit the house from another girl winking, at least TWICE. In the second visit there, you'll have the options to choose between "YES" or "NO". Choose yes, and she will take you to somewhere with eerie music. In the end of that short place, you'll find a chest.
- Now you need to go southeast of the town to go to another florest/ woods yet again. You don't need to explore the area, you only shall know these things: In the very southwest (south from the entrance, I think) you will find the only treasure chest from the area, and it's not very important. In the northeast of the florest, there will be a statue and an unaccessable area. Southeast is where you need to go to, it's another area/ place.
- After you got there,... welcome to the 2nd book's castle, which is a lot bigger than the 1st book's dungeon. xD Maybe I should mention it has 16 floors (including boss' floor), so get ready. (Keep in mind though that the first few floors are a lot bigger). Well, just make sure you get a key from a chest somewhere in the early floors (maybe the 2nd or 3rd floor). Then you can get another key somewhere near the 10th floor or so. Maybe there are a little more chests, but none are very important (potions and stuff). After that, just kill the boss.
- Go back to the elven town. I think it'd do good to visit each house of the entire village twice. Well, at least go to the house of the blonde woman who was hiding behind a door. You'll trigger an event, and she will talk a lot. Now this will sound weird: go buy some beer. Beer is sold at the bar in the first village (Rance Village). After you got one shot of it and return to the elven village, EQUIP the beer. Now you have to go to the house of a very tall and strong-looking man. His house is located in the very northeast of the town, in the town's "second area". He will take the beer from you.
- Now go to the main field, cross the river by entering the once-closed-house, then head north (kinda northwest) and keep "following" the river. Eventually you will find a raft. Touch the raft to ride it (be sure to save the game before). This will take you to the Ice Ridge of Noltia, a place full of ice and snow.
Thanks again for the help! I don't know how long it would've taken me to figure out some of that stuff. I've gotten to the ice ridge, and I wandered my way through (missing stuff, I'm sure) to the village. And the guy at the bar talked A LOT!
Alright, I got the stone shoes! You have to go back and forth a couple times between the guy at the bar and the old woman you meet at the beginning of the ice ridge. He gives you two stones, and she makes them into shoes.
The problem is that I can't use magic anymore. I go to the equip screen and select a magic, but I can't use it. If I go back to the equip screen, nothing is selected. Ever since I returned to the second village after getting fire magic, I think. I'm fairly certain, though, that I need to use the fire magic here. This is a spot you couldn't get to without the stone shoes, and it clearly goes to another area.
Any help? Am I screwed if I can't use magic? Can I fix it?
Or am I supposed to do something else in the game now?
Post by Red Hairdo on Nov 19, 2007 16:03:02 GMT -5
I didn't go further yet...
But I believe FM-77 might have an idea about what to do next. He has been helping me to proceed with that game.
Can't use magic? This is weird... I remember FM said he couldn't use magic either until he got the third staff, though I already could use it since I got the first staff. Anyway, can you show us some light FM-77?
Well, that was the only place I could find to go with the stone shoes. I really don't know what to do/where to go next, though I guess I should be relieved that it can only be somewhere in the ice ridge, since I can't get back to the earlier areas.
EDIT: Okay, I got past it! I just made sure I'd talked to everybody in the village (and the old woman at the other end) again, and one of the rocks disappeared. I don't know which one triggered it.
In the next area, I found a new armor, and 4 interesting spots. One had two statues (I don't know what to do here). One had three guys who wouldn't let me pass. One had a square hallway around a room with a statue that refills hp/mp (and is a great place to level up for 15+ levels!). And one had another forest, leading to a 3-level teleportation maze/dungeon, with the fire armor in the 2nd level. I beat the boss and got the light magic, but I don't know what to do from there. I've revisited everybody in each town (my magic is back!), but I'm still stuck at the moment.
Hello everyone.I've just found a MP3 rip of Ys II Special. I haven't beaten the game,so,I don't know if it's missing any songs,besides the Termination arrangement. I found it at some Korean site: delios.pe.kr/adlib/mp3/ys2sp.zip. I hope you enjoy it.
Post by Red Hairdo on Nov 21, 2007 14:17:42 GMT -5
Hey stan, not sure what you gotta do, but I'll be playing Ys II Special next week. I'm very busy this week, so hang in there.
And cool! I'm downloading the MP3s right now! Awesome! FM, if you (re)create a downloads section, be sure to put these! (Also, it's still strange to call you "FM". ) Anyway, thanks for the songs josejl! (FM too for showing the separated links. )
By the way, I decided to upload that Ys II Special picture you found FM! There it is!
Help, Im stuck on Ys II Special I finished the third dungeon in the ice ridge of noltia, i talked to everybody in the three towns. Something happened while talking to one of the girls in the houses and i got this item from one of the guys in the houses. I also talked to the roda tree, I think it was cause i had that item equipped but thats where im stuck, dont have a clue where to go next since this game is in korean.
Who would have thought moat of the burnedbless would be located under the roda tree, not to mention the dwarves, and a dungeon with 35 floors all under a...... roda tree.
I must say I'm really enjoying this game, it's fun but the dungeons are starting to get very frustrating due to their immense size. I know seldane said the dungeons were really big but, they really are huge! and I find it takes from the fun factor...
Okay, I took a break for awhile, managed to return the 5th book, thanks for your help FM-77. I will see what I can do with this game tomorrow, I'm focused on beating this oddball Ys II game, this game is like the nintendo Ys completely different... but interesting
I actually really liked that 35 floor dungeon. It wasn't exactly challenging either, you just had to find the door every time. By the way - you do have the saving book, right? Without it, this game is a real pain to play, hehehe! There are much bigger dungeons ahead. There was a tower with about 60-70 floors I think, I don't remember.
I'll help you as much as I can, but I have never finished the Salmon Shrine. That place is insane.
Okay, I experienced a major glitch that might be preventing me from finishing the game, here's what happened: I found Lilia behind bars in solomon shrine and she gave me the silver necklace and disappeared, so I saved and teleported to ramia village so I could run back into solomon shrine to use the necklace on the goddess statue which teleported me to the subterranean canal, but it leads nowhere it only goes in a circle so i was confused and frustrated and decided to load my last save where lilia was behind bars. when i loaded my save, lilia was standing behind bars when i was sure she disappeared before, what was even more strange was when i left the room i was teleported to a boss battle, i fought the boss from Ys 2 in Ice Ridge, the one that jumps up and down just before you enter the moat of the burnedbless. after i beat him i was teleported outside of the room where lilia was being kept. dont know, my main concern is why that goddess statue teleports me to a dead end in the canal, is there something im suppose to do before i go there?
I think there are hidden passages in the canal. But I really gotta ask: what did you do in the shrine? How did you get anywhere at all? I haven't gotten anywhere in there - super stuck. Could you perhaps provide any info?
Well, the first thing I did in solomon shrine was just explore and get lost, I found an enemy in a room so I turned into an enemy with my wand to talk to him and he gave me a letter which I used to get pass those four grim-reaper like gaurds. All of this is located in the right-section of solomon shrine just like the turbo duo version and other versions. Passing the gaurds, i found 2 locked rooms and a treasure chest containing a mirror item (not sure what its for). Then I explored the left side of solomon shrine, found the entrance to the subterranean canal where dalles turned me into an ugly demon (just like the turbo duo version). So I went back to ramia village to talk to that old dude in the house and he gave me an ord. That ord is used to open a locked door in the upper-leftmost area of solomon shrine containing a hidden chest that appears when you equip the light magic (just the like turbo duo version). I returned the cup to the old dude in ramia who gave me the orb and transformed me back to normal, so I went back to the subterranean canal where dalles turned me into a demon, explored the canal and found some people hiding in a room, a girl gave me a key then everybody turned into stone (again similar to the duo version). You use this key to open another door leading to the subterranean canal where you explore and find the demon keith who gives you the floodgate key (the entrance to the canal is located past the four grim reaper gaurds on the right side of solomon shrine). Once i got the key, i returned to the first section of the canal to drain the water (where those people were turned to stone). From here I just explored the canal for a long time and found a room that led to a different section of solomon shrine, which after exploring for awhile I found lilia behind bars (there is also different music that plays in this section). after talking to her she gives u the silver necklase and you fight a boss? After that I just went to the beginning of the shrine and opened that locked door to fight a boss. after killing it i equipped the silver necklace and touched the goddess statue which teleported me to a different section in the canal that seems to lead nowhere. Oh yeah, there is another room past the grim-reaper gaurds that was now unlocked, i fought and killed a boss and got an item that looks kinda like a brooch, but that where im stuck have no clue where to go... solomon shrine is huge so im going to explore again incase i missed any important rooms.